Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Poison Control

Well, I am now probably on some poison control list for "mommy to watch." I am sure you mommies can relate to this situation or maybe not but Bradley has officially turned into a speed demon.
Last week I was picking up in the kitchen and Bradley was in the den playing with his toys. I was loading the dishwasher and collecting sippie cups from one end of the house to the other. I went back to Bradley's room to gather all of his cups from his diaper bag and before I knew it the little man was in the kitchen. He had taken the gel packet from the dishwasher and put it in his mouth. He was now covered with detergent powder all over his mouth and body. Well, I freaked out and called his doctor. The doctor referred me to poison control and they just said to wash his mouth out and that he would be fine. However, they did ask for my name. I was a little embarrassed to admit it but I did. So now I am probably on some sort of neglectful mother list. We have spent the day officially baby proofing the cabinets.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Well Sarah, I happen to be on that list myself. When we were at the mountain house in October, I had one of my Singular(allery) pills out on the bedside table. Before I knew it, Henro had grabbed it off and was chewing on it. I think he consumed about half before I could get to him. So we called poison control and they said he would be just fine, but the sure did get my name. So, we'll be on the "neglectful mommy" list together.

Those "little" people find EVERYTHING they are not supposed to!

McQueens said...

It happens to the best of us. It won't be the last time you have to call I promise! Hope Little Bradley stays out of the "poison"