Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Do you do rewards?



WE DO!!

Here's how it all happened - Brad was out of town at the BEGINNING of the summer. I don't know why but as soon as he boards a plane or gets in the car for a trip the house or the kids fall apart. In this particular case, one of our alarms tripped. Bradley was sound asleep for his afternoon nap and awoke to this loud alarm right outside his bedroom. It sounded like the carbon dioxide alarm so I called Brad first, his dad second, and the fire department third. I told the fire department...PLEASE don't bring a truck. I just need one little person to come out and check the alarm. Long story short... a police car, fire truck, and the entire neighborhood later...we found out it was an alarm wired through the house that tripped and they had to cut the wires on it. Everything was fine!

So from that day forward Bradley will not go to his bedroom without talking about the stupid alarm and the loud noise and the firemen that came to our house,nor will he spend a full night in his bed. SO Brad and I have been waking up to his screams at 3:15 am every night and putting him in the bed with us. Brad and I put our foot down on Monday when Bradley was fussing at us for invading his space in our bed. He kicked and pushed both of us most of the night.

I am going to give the bedtime reward system a try. It worked for potty training so wish us luck! First night....a success. Whooo hoo! Welcome back sleep! We have missed you!

No comments: