We had a little shaving accident in the bathtub on Friday evening. I have shaved my legs with him in the tub many times and we always get his pretend razor...and I have mine. Anyway, timing was just perfect and Bradley reached for his collection of dinosaurs as I was reaching for my leg and the razor (brand new) grabbed half way up his fingernail and literally ripped it off. It was the most disgusting thing. I tried to remain calm but the massive amounts of blood coming from his finger and I immediately started crying.
I called Brad at work and told him we had an emergency. He wanted me to look at the cut but I really couldn't! I waited 20 minutes and just held on to it as tightly as I could. Bradley was such a big guy. He cried a whole lot but I think Laney cried louder. (for no reason at all) We bandaged everything up and now when he is asked what happened to his finger, he replies, "mom cut me with a razor!" Nice. Mother of the year....I think not.




2 comments:
Oh Sarah!!! I am hurting just thinking about it. I know you were freakin' out! Glad he's doing good and is so tough!
Mom let go of my hand when we were headed out to Christmas Carol when I was about Rodney's age, I slipped and fell down the porch stairs and hit my head on our grill. 7 stitches to the eyebrow. Accidents happen, you are a great Mom.
Uncle Gosh
Post a Comment