Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nothing to Show and Tell

Friday afternoon....

Me: How was school today Bradley?

Bradley: Good. (silence) I got to show a box.

Me: Gasp! Oh crap! I forgot your show and tell party today!
(Seriously? How in the hell did I forget? Its on his calendar, my calendar, and we talk about it regularly)

Me: Bradley? What did you show?

Bradley: That box in my bag.

(An EMPTY box that once had jewelry in it from Christmas for his girlfriend Caroline)

Me: Oh neato! That is so cool!
(Trying to make it sound awesome that he(or his teachers)thought quick on their feet but I am really dying inside)

Me: I bet your friends loved that. What did everyone say? Did you tell them what was in the box?

Bradley: There was nothing in the box mom. It was empty.
(of course it was! )

Bradley: Yeah. You forgot to pack my toy like Dutch and Bates.

Loser of the year goes to.....ME!!! Oh well. I am sure it won't be the last thing I do wrong. He was actually pretty cool about it....maybe because I overcompensated with candy and well...anything to make him forget.

No comments: