Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Swimming lessons

Bradley started swimming lessons this week. He screamed bloody murder the first time. Brantley is his teacher at the YMCA. He is the most patient fella. He held my screaming child for 30 minutes as Bradley screamed, "momma hold you PLEASE!" I said, "Who's your best friend honey?" I'm kidding. That whole best friend thing is a running joke in our family. It may not be funny to anyone else but Brad and I but anyway.....

We are getting ready this morning for swimming. Brad and I are talking it up so much. Bradley listens but isn't buying it. His little brain was already thinking of a clever response. He insists that he CAN'T go. In his southern twang. Then he has something profound to say. You know what happens when there is something important that he wants to tell us? It takes a little while to get out. The jist of the stammer and what he got out made Brad and I die laughing.

He said, Dad...Dad...Dad...Daddy....Brantley...Brantley is a bad man. He is a real bad. I can't go swimming with him in that pool because he is a bad man.

1 comment:

Stacey Doherty said...

Our posts were so similar today! Thank goodness for these little humorous people in our lives - and their little stories!